1. Click on the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics link.
2. Enter the name of the material into the 'Search Terms' box in the middle of the screen and click on the Search button:
3. From the results list in the centre of the screen:
4. Search for your material in the list that appears. Scroll far to the right within that material's row to view its solubility information:
1) Enter the name of the compound into the "Text Search" box on the upper right hand of the screen and click Go
2) From the results in the centre of the screen:
For Organic Compounds: click the Interactive Table under Physical Constants of Organic Compounds
For Inorganic Compounds: click the Interactive Table under Physical Constants of Inorganic Compounds
3) Search for your compound in the table that appears. Solubility in various solvents is listed in the last column on the right.
(Some columns have been removed from the table in image above to highlight the solubility column)
Solubility in various solvents is marked with the following abbreviations. The abbreviations are given before the solvents:
i: insoluble, s: slightly soluble, s: soluble, vs: very soluble, msc: miscible, dec: decomposes, rec: reacts