1. Click on the Knovel Critical Tables link.
2. Click on the Property Search link within the left-hand menu, and then click on Open Material Property Search:
3. Type the name of your material into the Material or Substance Name search box and hit the Enter key:
4. A long list of properties will appear on the right. Type the words refractive index into the Filter by Property Name box:
5. Drag the refractive index property box into the blank area under the Material or Substance Name search box and click on the blue box that lists the number of results:
6. One or more tables will appear. Obtain the refractive index information for your material from the Basic Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds table: