• Is the information up-to-date?
• When was it published?
• Does the information relate to your research topic?
• Is the information in-depth enough for academic use?
• Is the author qualified to write about this topic?
• Can you find additional information about the author through Google?
• Is the information supported by evidence?
• Has the author provided citations or links to research they quote?
• Is the information presented objectively, or could the author be trying to sell,
entertain, or persuade readers?
• Can you detect any potential biases?
Adapted with permission of the author, from http://www.stephanguyenet.com/quickly-assessing-the-credibility-of-public-experts/