You must also create a My EBSCOhost account -- a free account that you must set up through EBSCO and that is separate from your Seneca account. You may do this within the EBSCO E-Book and Audiobook Collection itself.
**EBSCO Download Manager is NOT on campus computers**
1) Display an EBSCO record for a title (either from the Seneca Library Catalogue or by searching the EBSCO database directly: http://library.senecacollege.ca/resources/ebsco_ebook.html)
2) Click "Sign In" toward the top-right and sign into My EBSCOhost
3) Click the "Download" link within or next to the title
4) Select the "Checkout Period" (up to 7 days) and then click the yellow "Checkout & Download" button
5) E-books: When prompted to open the title with Adobe Digital Editions, click "OK" and Adobe Digital Editions will open and automatically download the title
6) Audiobooks: When prompted to launch the EBSCO Audiobook Download Manager, click "OK" and the Download Manager will open and download the audiobook files, likely to the \My Documents\My Music folder on your computer. Use the media player on your computer to open/listen to the files
Once you have downloaded an e-book title to Adobe Digital Editions, you may then be able to transfer it to certain mobile devices. Click http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices to see if your device supports this.
1) You don’t have the required software on your computer (see "READ THIS FIRST!!")
2) You are trying to access a single-user title that is in use by another user:
3) You are trying to transfer the title to another mobile device that is not compatible with Adobe Digital Editions (check http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices to see if your device is supported)
4) Apple iOS device users (i.e. iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch): Adobe Digital Editions is not compatible with Apple products so if you wish to transfer a title to your device, you must download a compatible reading app (such as Bluefire Reader) from the App Store onto your iOS device and sync the device with your computer. For more information within ebrary, go to Help > Document Downloading > Download Entire Document, or go to http://support.ebrary.com/kb/transfer-e-book-to-ios-device/